I love a perfect, preppy piece come fall -- there's something about crested blazers that just embodies the season for me. This charming little Jachs blouse is part of the Shopbop "ONE by" collection and is such a fun twist on the typical chambray button-down. This would be chic with a super-dark pair of jeans, fabulous pencil skirt, or layered over a pretty fall dress for a bit of added visual interest.
As F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote in The Great Gatsby, "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." It's my favorite season for a reason: the air is cool and the leaves are pretty, plaid shirts can be seen on every corner and I get to break out my favorite boots. This year, I'm determined to make the most of it by doing all kinds of favorite fall activities.
1. Visit an apple orchard and stock up on crisp, tasty fruit.
2. Hunt down chunky knits -- particularly scarves and cardigans -- and curl up in them 24/7.
3. Step out of the box with a dark, plummy nail color (like this one).
4. Watch back-to-school movies (think Grease and 10 Things I Hate About You).
5. Prep for the opening of one of these stores in my hometown (I'm beyond excited).
6. Master the perfect Thanksgiving pie.
7. Jump in a pile of fiery-colored leaves.
8. Decorate my apartment with spooky-not-kitschy Halloween decor.
9. Mail a package full of fall treats (like my favorite homemade caramels) to a friend.
10. Purchase a pair of flat booties. Wear them everywhere.
What's on YOUR fall to-do list?
Thanks to Shopbop for the photo.