ATTAINABLE: Madewell The Crisscross Boardwalk Sandal in Glam Pink (also in Bloomsbury Blue and English Saddle)
I don't think that it would be a stretch in the slightest to say that these are the perfect summer sandals. Flat and chic, they're sure to be comfortable. The shape is classic and they're outrageously versatile -- perfect to pair with literally anything, from dark skinny jeans to crisp white dresses. I love the punch of pink in this pair, but the all-brown version is even more classic.
With temperatures rising rapidly in Minnesota, it officially feels like summertime. And I'm beyond ready. I've spent the last several months absolutely dreaming about sunshine and warm weather. I'm enticed by sunglasses, beachy waves, bright nail shades... Everything that screams "summer" to me. I'm determined not to let the season slip by without fitting in several of my favorite activities to celebrate the best of what summer has to offer.
1. Take on homemade ice cream for the first time (this is a definite contender)
2. Carry spare change and stop at every lemonade stand I pass
3. Whip up a batch of these and make some extra-delicious s'mores
4. Explore the Twin Cities dining scene
5. Walk around as many lakes as possible
6. Remember my SPF every day
7. Take a mini-roadtrip to my very favorite Minnesota summer dining spot
8. Learn to cook a really great dinner
9. Build up the confidence to wear colored denim
10. Host a dinner party complete with patio seating
11. Find an easy summer hairstyle to make my signature
12. Expand my collection of nail shades to include less conventional summer colors
13. Discover a new talent
What's on YOUR summer to-do list?
Thanks to Madewell and Tire Swings and Summer Dreams for the photos.